Believe Build Be
Zonta’s LifeForward workshops meet a critical need in the Santa Clarita Valley by offering programs and workshops that are designed to empower women. Experienced instructors present topics that support economic independence and self-sufficiency.
The following services support the workshop topics presented each month.
Single Mothers Outreach (SMO) offers a comprehensive course on finances called Financial Peace University, in Spanish and English, throughout the year. The course provides information about how to save and how to understand your money.
For more information, call Jennifer Kennedy at 661-288-0117. This course will change your life!.
Job Search Assistance
Santa Clarita WorkSource Center offers free “how to” job search, resume building, and interview skills, contact: 661-799-9675
COC Career Center offers free lunch-time workshops – Identifying skills for the job; job search; resume writing; interviewing techniques, contact: 661-362-3286
Life Forward Workshops 2016
LIFE FORWARD WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
The following workshop topics are planned for the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month, except for December, which is dark
(Recognition Certification presented for attending five of nine workshops through May 20, 2017)
ALL ARE WELCOME
Location: Savia Community Center, 23780 Newhall Avenue, Newhall, C A 91321
For more info please contact: Phyllis Walker, 661-252-1172
- Aug 20th Communication & Relationship Skills! – Doris Marie Zimmer, Relationship Coach; Alex Urbina, Life Effectiveness Coach
- Sep 17th Anger Management – A Moment to Exhale! – Dr. Patricia Patton, Clinical Psychologist
- Oct 15th Increase Self-Esteem & Feel Good! – Shana Williams, Life Coach – Facilitator; an interactive workshop
- Nov 19th Awareness & Understanding – Cyberbullying; Social Media & Drug Paraphernalia; Alcohol & Drug Abuse- Chris Jones, School Psychologist; Sheriff’s Department; Bob Sharits, Action Family Counselor
- December – Dark
- Jan 21th Understanding & Filing Taxes – Laura Troost, CPA
- Feb 18th Career Management, Network, Write a Resume & Interview – Wendy Amara, Executive Life Coach; Sue Reynolds, Career Development – Wm. S. Hart School District
- Mar 18th You Got the Job or Promotion – Congratulations, Now What? Performance &Teamwork! Maria Alexander, Executive Director – Center of Living & Learning
- Apr 22nd Your Health & Well Being – Eat Right & Exercise! – Heart Healthy & Diabetic Foods – McKenzie Hall Jones, Registered Dietician & Nutritionist; Exercise TBD
- May 20th Recognize Your Potential; Overcome Life Challenges; Fulfill Dreams! – Aazam Irillian, Certified Therapeutic Imagery & Social Emotional Arts Practitioner Attendance & Achievement Awards, Network & Celebrate!
- Jun 17th Divorce and Family Law Issues – Sources of Child Support – TBD