Zonta proudly premieres its newest service and advocacy project, designed to improve educational and career opportunities for women in SCV:
Santa Clarita Valley
Women in Film Celebration & Conference
Get In --> Get Ahead
October 14 & 16, 2021
Did you know that about half of the filming in Los Angeles County takes place in the Santa Clarita Valley?
Did you know that many SCV film Industry companies are owned, operated, or managed by women?
Zonta aims to make entry and success into this local economic engine easier for women by fostering connections and access to information about educational and training opportunities.
Help Zonta help women in Santa Clarita Get In & Get Ahead in the film and media Industry!
Please review the posted materials to learn more, to nominate a deserving Industry leader, to sponsor and show your support for our local women leaders in the Industry and Zonta’s successful programs to improve the lives of SCV women, and to make reservations for the inaugural SCV Women in Film Celebration and the Conference.
We look forward to seeing you on October 14th and 16th, 2021. Join us!
Questions? Email us at [email protected]
Let’s start with a CELEBRATION of the successes of local women who already are leaders in the Industry!
- Thursday, Oct. 14th -- the SCV Women in Film Celebration & LUNAFEST screening:
- Recognize and honor nominated local women leaders in the film industry;
- Enjoy an early evening rooftop soiree in Newhall, with elegant refreshments and a stunning view of the Santa Clarita Valley;
- Immediately following, enjoy Zonta’s tenth anniversary screening of LUNAFEST, seven short films by and about women, at the recently opened Newhall Laemmle Theater.
Let’s follow up with an informative Conference, to help local women to:
Get In Get Ahead!
- Saturday, Oct. 16th – the SCV Women in Film Conference
- A free conference, sponsored by Zonta, to help women enter and succeed in the Industry;
- Two panel discussions: Get In, and, Get Ahead;
- A Keynote speaker on women helping women in the Industry;
- A screening of LUNAFEST for Conference attendees;
- Limited seating, reservation required, Click link below
Santa Clarita Women in Film Celebration & Conference, Oct. 14 & 16, 2021 COVID PROTOCOLS
Zonta will comply with all COVID requirements of the Los Angeles County Department of Health, City of Santa Clarita, and venue requirements.
Zonta member and volunteer Colleen Marrese-Reading, Ph.D., will monitor all necessary COVID compliance requirements.
The health and safety of our guests, volunteers, and catering staff is our top priority.
If you or anyone in your household are sick or have any symptoms, we ask that you please stay home!
- Tables will be spaced to allow for social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available around the event to help reduce the spread of germs and bacteria.
- The catering staff and servers will be wearing masks.
- Masks are required by all guests entering the restrooms.
- While masks are not required outdoors, we encourage guests to mask should that contribute to you feeling comfortable and safe.
LUNAFEST SCREENING at the NEWHALL LAEMMLE THEATER
- LUNAFEST requires all persons attending the screening to review and sign a LUNAFEST waiver document; this document is available at scvzonta.org/lunafest and will be provided at the Celebration check-in;
- All persons are required to wear masks while present in the theater;
- Newhall Laemmle Theaters provides an empty seat between parties.
CONFERENCE at COC UNIVERSITY CENTER, LECTURE HALL ROOM 107
- All persons must wear a mask at all times while present indoors at COC;
- COC requires all persons who come on campus to show, before entry:
- an identification document, and either:
- a completed vaccination card, or
- a negative test result for a test conducted on Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021, that is, 72 hours prior to the event.
These protocols will be updated as necessary. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you so much for your continued support!