Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley Community Grants
Some local Non-Profits that have received grants include:
- Santa Clarita Valley Boys & Girls Club
- Sam Dixon Family Health Center
- Domestic Violence Center/Child and Family Center
- Carousel Ranch
- WiSH Foundation
- Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center
- College of the Canyons
- Single Mothers Outreach
- Fostering Youth Independence
- Family Promise
- SCV Youth Project
- Northeast Valley Health Corporation
- Circle of Hope
The Community Grants program provides an opportunity for local non-profit organizations to apply for funding for projects that will improve the lives of women and girls.
Since 2011 the Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley has awarded over $56,000 to 14 local organizations.
The Zonta Club of the Santa Clarita Valley Foundation has implemented a grant process which:
- Invites local organizations to apply for larger gifts
- Increases emphasis on our mission of “advancing the status of women,”
- Provides for greater accountability with regard to how the funds are used.
Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley improves the lives of women and girls in our community. Help us empower women and girls locally through service and advocacy!
Each year our club awards local non-profit(s) that share a mission focus with Zonta with a Community Grant. Organizations must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Use the money for direct services only and not administration
- Ensure the proposed project provides services to residents of the Santa Clarita Valley
- Be a tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3)
- Have a non-discrimination policy or an organizational philosophy of non-discrimination
- Have a Board of Directors made up of volunteers, who meet at least quarterly and have a minimum of four members.
2022 Community Grants Application period is now closed
The Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley is pleased to announce we are now seeking applications for our 2022 Community Grants for projects that support our mission.
Zonta International is a worldwide service organization of business and professional women founded in 1919. Our membership is 33,000 in 66 countries. The Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley was chartered in 1974.
Zonta International’s mission and vision is “Empowering the lives of women through service and advocacy.” If your organization’s project aligns with our International and Club mission, we invite you to submit a grant application.
The 2022 Grant Application is now available here. You will also find the grant requirements, criteria and instructions on how to apply. The Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley is offering grants to help your organization initiate a new project or expand on an existing one.
Applications must be postmarked/received on or before March 27, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Suzanne Alziebler, Community Grants Co-Chair at 661-252-9351 ext 120 or by email at [email protected].