Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley Community Grants
Some local Non-Profits that have received grants include:
- Santa Clarita Valley Boys & Girls Club
- Sam Dixon Family Health Center
- Domestic Violence Center/Child and Family Center
- Carousel Ranch
- WiSH Foundation
- Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center
- College of the Canyons
- Single Mothers Outreach
- Fostering Youth Independence
- Family Promise
- SCV Youth Project
- Northeast Valley Health Corporation
- Circle of Hope
The Community Grants program provides an opportunity for local non-profit organizations to apply for funding for projects that will improve the lives of women and girls.
Since 2011 the Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley has awarded over $551,000 to 14 local organizations.
The Zonta Club of the Santa Clarita Valley Foundation has implemented a grant process which:
- Invites local organizations to apply for larger gifts
- Increases emphasis on our mission of “advancing the status of women,”
- Provides for greater accountability with regard to how the funds are used.
Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley improves the lives of women and girls in our community. Help us empower women and girls locally through service and advocacy!
Each year our club awards local non-profit(s) that share a mission focus with Zonta with a Community Grant. Organizations must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Use the money for direct services only and not administration
- Ensure the proposed project provides services to residents of the Santa Clarita Valley
- Be a tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3)
- Have a non-discrimination policy or an organizational philosophy of non-discrimination
- Have a Board of Directors made up of volunteers, who meet at least quarterly and have a minimum of four members.
We invite you to see the application and instructions attached to this site and apply for this year’s grants! Applications must be postmarked (or sent by email) by March 22, 2021.
We will be awarding up to $1,400 to non-profit organization(s) selected from our community in May 2021.
Watch here for information about 2022 grants
2021 Community Grant Winners
Carousel Ranch applied for their “Ready to Work! Scholarships for Young Women with Disabilities”. Denise Redmond, Executive Director was excited to be able to offer more scholarships for young women living in the SCV with special needs to learn job skills, increase college enrollment access to vocational training programs and have workplace training.
Samuel Dixon Family Health Center was awarded for their project “Eye exams and glasses for female patients who are uninsured and of low income". Philip Solomon the Executive Director expressed his gratitude when presented with the check. It will provide 21 women with eye exams and each will receive 2 pairs of glasses.
SCV Senior Center was awarded a grant to help pay for a ”Caregiver Retreat and Recharge Event”. The overwhelming majority of caregivers in our valley are women either supporting their mothers, husbands or grandmothers raising grandchildren. The event was to pay tribute to them, provide a fun uplifting experience and offer resource information. As the Executive Director, Kevin Macdonald was unavailable, the check was received by Suzanne Nelson, Assistant Director and Linda Davies.
Circle of Hope applied for their project “Empowering Women with Cancer through Education, Self Esteem and Resources”. The day’s event is designed to help give women the help they need in keeping their self-esteem, aid in emotional wellbeing, relieve anxiety and empower them to have self-confidence to overcome the changes in their lives as a result of their cancer diagnosis. Laura Kirchhoff, Executive Director, was grateful for Zonta’s willingness to help them.