Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley Community Grants
Some local Non-Profits that have received grants include:
- Santa Clarita Valley Boys & Girls Club
- Sam Dixon Family Health Center
- Domestic Violence Center/Child and Family Center
- Carousel Ranch
- WiSH Foundation
- Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center
- College of the Canyons
- Single Mothers Outreach
- Fostering Youth Independence
- Family Promise
- SCV Youth Project
- Northeast Valley Health Corporation
The Community Grants program provides an opportunity for local non-profit organizations to apply for funding for projects that will improve the lives of women and girls.
Since 2011 the Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley has awarded over $51,000 to 13 local organizations.
The Zonta Club of the Santa Clarita Valley Foundation has implemented a grant process which:
- Invites local organizations to apply for larger gifts
- Increases emphasis on our mission of “advancing the status of women,”
- Provides for greater accountability with regard to how the funds are used.
Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley improves the lives of women and girls in our community. Help us empower women and girls locally through service and advocacy!
Each year our club awards local non-profit(s) that share a mission focus with Zonta with a Community Grant. Organizations must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Use the money for direct services only and not administration
- Ensure the proposed project provides services to residents of the Santa Clarita Valley
- Be a tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3)
- Have a non-discrimination policy or an organizational philosophy of non-discrimination
- Have a Board of Directors made up of volunteers, who meet at least quarterly and have a minimum of four members.
We invite you to see the application and instructions attached to this site and apply for this year’s grants! Applications must be postmarked (or sent by email) by March 22, 2021.
We will be awarding up to $1,400 to non-profit organization(s) selected from our community in May 2021.
2020 Community Grant Winners
Carousel Ranch applied for a grant to offer 3 scholarships for young women with disabilities to participate in their Ready to Work Program. The goal of the program is to increase the work readiness, job skills, college access and employment rates and retention of young adults with disabilities to pursue paid employment. Their program is currently going well and through the 4 levels created to teach and mentor them, they have been able to place Ready to Work graduates with paid employment at Six Flags, H & M, BJs, Express Employment Professionals, Kumon Learning Center, Kohls, Starbucks and the Holiday Inn Express.
The Child and Family Center requested a grant for a Promoting Wellness and Healthy Relationships during a Pandemic. The money will be used to outfit the Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter with games, toys and recreational supplies to ease the COVID-19 isolation of children fleeing domestic violence. The children’s play room is in need of new toys as many are broken or missing pieces. The grant will also provide art supplies, small children’s table with chairs and small tv. For adolescents, a playstation, appropriate games and additional controllers will be purchased. For outdoors, a soccer net and balls, playhouse and patio table and chairs will be provided for them to enjoy fresh air and where parents can engage in activities with their children.
The SCV Boys and Girls Club requested their grant to offer Full Membership Scholarships to 25 single mother’s that live in female led single parent households. Due to COVID 19, many of these families have suffered job and wage losses, food insecurity and housing uncertainty. Children and teens in these families are struggling with learning loss, a digital divide, isolation, lack of socialization, and emotional and mental implications. Membership dues are only $60.00/child a year but they know that is too high for some of their families. The Membership Scholarships will be for 2021.