Believe, Build, Be.
Zonta's LifeForward free workshop series for women meet a critical need in the Santa Clarita Valley by offering workshops that are designed to empower women. Subject Matter Experts present topics that support self-awareness, economic independence, and self-sufficiency.
Flyers from 2017-2018 workshops
LifeForward Workshops 2018 - 2019
- August 25th - Communication and Relationship Skills - Wendy Amara, Strategic Life Coach and Doris Marie Zimmer, Relationship Coach
Workshops are scheduled for the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month, except for July & December, which are dark.
ALL ARE WELCOME
Location: Savia Community Center, 23780 Newhall Avenue, Santa Clarita
For more info please contact: Phyllis Walker, 661-252-1172
LifeForward Workshops 2017 - 2018
- August 19th - Effective Parenting Skills - Alex Urbina, a teen and parenting expert; author of new book, "The Inspirational Parent."
- September 16th - Anger Management - Moment to Exhale! – Dr. Patricia Patton, Clinical Psychologist and staff member with Emerge from Anger in Newhall and has co-authored several workbooks on anger management. She teaches Continuing Education workshops for therapists throughout Southern and Northern California.
- October 28th - Recognize & Develop Good Relationship Behaviors - Shana Williams, Inspirational Speaker; Elise Moore & Eve Scanlon, facilitators of therapeutic Healthy Relationships course.
- November 11th - Awareness and Understanding Issues that Impact Youth– Presenters - Bob Sharits, Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor, Detective Bill Velek, Los Angeles Sheriff’ Department, Household Drug Paraphernalia.
- January 20th - Understanding & Filing Taxes – Presenters - Laura and David Troost, CPA ‘s
- February 17th -Develop a Career Strategy, Create a Resume, Interview Techniques Effectively Network - Presenters – Wendy Amara, Executive Life Coach; Sue Reynolds, Career Development - Wm. S. Hart School District.
- March 17th - Money Rules 101- Master Your Money Before It Masters You! - Presenter, Patti Handy, Mortgage Specialist
- April 28th - Your Health & Well Being – Eat Right & Exercise! Inexpensive Healthy Meals - Be Firm & Trim! McKenzie Hall Jones, Registered Dietician & Nutritionist; Exercise with Rich Enriquez, Fitness Movement Specialist & Michelle Jones, Certified Zumba Instructor.
- May 19th -Motivational Topic –Azaam Irilian, certified practitioner in Social Emotional Arts and Therapeutic Imagery; Attendance & Achievement Awards, Network & Celebrate!
- June 16th Divorce and Family Law Issues - Sources of Child Support! – Presenter- Al Lustgarten, Esq., Law Offices of Al Lustgarten.