Larry is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Assistant Director of the Student Health & Wellness/Mental Health Program at College of the Canyons. He directs the college’s personal counseling and wellness outreach programs, and is a member of the Behavioral Intervention (BIT) and Sexual Assault Response Teams.
In this workshop you will learn:
- To cope with challenges to our wellness in turbulent times
- Trauma, anxiety, depression, and anguish have affected our
- We can help ourselves and others
Join Us on Friday May 14, 2021 - 2 pm
Believe, Build, Be.
LifeForward Workshops 2020 - 2021
The LifeForward program offers monthly skill-building workshops that concentrate on topics useful to women of varying ages and interests. These include job search and application topics, parenting, self-care, and financial education. Subject Matter Experts provide their expertise, knowledge and skills to promote empowerment and self-sufficiency.
LifeForward online workshops are being developed and a schedule will soon be posted that will provide upcoming workshop topics and dates.
These online workshops will cover relevant topics that will help guide us through these unprecedented times; Subject Matter Experts will address our fears, concerns and ways to emotionally adapt to our current way of life.
2020-2021 Schedule and Additional Resources
- May 14, 2021 - You Are Not Alone! The Impact of Covid-19 on Society and the Individual - Larry Schallert, L.C.S.W.
- May 1, 2021 - Challenges of Motherhood, Recognize Inner Wisdom & Improve Relationships - Tosca A. Stepter, MNML
- April 24, 2021 - Divorce & Family Law Issues! Child Custody & Sources of Child Support - Denise Lite, Esq.
- March 13, 2021 - Single Parenting Success, It Takes a Village and a Whole Lot More - Facilitated by: Cherise Moore, Ph.D. and Stephanie Montoya, featuring panelists: Diana Moreno and Jessica Delazari
- February 27, 2021 - You Have a Business Idea – Now What? Idea Creation - Turn Your Passion or Vision Into Action! - Alex Hollywood and Israel Serna
- January 30, 2021 - You're the Boss of Your Money! Make It Work for You - Patti Handy and Sue Tweddell
- January 9, 2021 - Understanding & Filing Taxes, Understand the Basics - Laura Troost, C.P.A
- December 5, 2020 - How to Recognize Unhealthy Relationships - Larry Schallert, L.C.S.W. and Leah Parker, L.M.H.C.
- November 7, 2020 - How to Create Success-Not Stress During This 2020 Holiday Season - Dilyse Diaz, L.M.F.T.
- October 17, 2020 - Mindfulness, Moving Forward and Self-Care - Carla Walker, L.M.F.T.
- October 2, 2020 - Life During Covid-19 - Abi Levine, C.Ht. Video (No passcode needed)
- September 12, 2020 - Challenging Times, Challenging Emotions - Michelle Witkin, Ph.D, Licensed Psychologist Workshop Tips
- June 25, 2020 - Navigating Legal Changes in Response to COVID-19 - James Reape, Esq., Reape-Rickett Law Firm
What Participants Have Said:
The information was extremely relevant to the issues I and my family, friends are experiencing.
The most helpful concept presented is that I only am in control of myself. I also appreciated that it was emphasized to not hurt myself, not hurt others, and not break property.
Zonta thank you for these workshops & having them open to the communities.
Truly enjoyed this workshop.
The workshop was relevant to issues I am experiencing.
I look forward to these workshops! They help to ground me and keep me positive during these hard times.
I have been looking forward to this LifeForward so I can feel the energy of powerful and vibrant women being sent out into the universe. Thank you.
I feel inspired to make some healthy changes.
Much less tense than I was this morning; feel balanced.
A Special Thank You To Our Speakers:
Larry Schallert, L.C.S.W.
Leah Parker, Outreach Specialist
Denise Lite, Esq.
Tosca A. Stepter, MNML
Larry Schallert, L.C.S.W.
A Special Thank You To Our LifeForward Sponsors:
Oct. 2020: Mindfulness, Moving Forward and Self-Care
Nov. 2020: How to Create Success-Not Stress During this 2020 Holiday Season
Nov. 2020: How to Create Success-Not Stress During this 202 Holiday Season
Jan. 2021: You're the Boss of Your Money! Make it Work for You
Feb. 2021: You Have a Business Idea - Now What?
Mar. 2021: Single Parenting Success, It Takes a Village and a Whole Lot More
April 2021: Divorce & Family Law Issues! Child Custody & Sources of Child Support
May 2021: Challenges of Motherhood, Recognize Inner Wisdom & Improve Relationships