Believe, Build, Be.
The Lifeforward program offers monthly skill-building workshops that concentrate on topics useful to women of varying ages and interests. These include job search and application topics, parenting, self-care, and financial education. Subject Matter Experts provide their expertise, knowledge and skills to promote empowerment and self-sufficiency.
Flyers from 2017-2018 workshops
Lifeforward Workshops 2018 - 2019
The following workshop topics are planned for the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month, except for December, which is dark
(Attend five of seven workshops offered from August 25, 2018 through March 16 , 2019; receive Recognition Awards.)
- August 25th - Communication and Relationship Skills - Wendy Amara, Strategic Life Coach and Doris Marie Zimmer, Relationship Coach
- September 22 - Awareness & Understanding Issues That Impact Our Youth! The Age of Cyber – Computers & Cell Phones Bring Cyber Into Our Homes, Hands and Lives! Presenters – Cyberbullying, Chris Jones, Licensed Educational Psychologist; Detective Ray Bercini, LASD Human Trafficking Bureau
- October 20 - Use Your Own Superpower To Increase Self-Worth - Believe in Yourself & Feel Good! Presenter- Laura Cazares, Life Mastery Consultant & DreamBuilder Coach
- November 10 - Anger Management - As an Individual & Parent; Holiday Stress - Relax & Enjoy the Holidays! – Presenter – John Derenski, Therapist
- December - Dark
- January 12 - Understanding & Filing Taxes! Understand the Basics - Whether You Prepare Your Own or Not– Presenters - Laura and David Troost, both CPAs
- February 16 - Money Rules - Master Your Money Before It Masters You! Presenter, TBD
- March 16 - Your Health & Well Being – Eat Right & Exercise! Inexpensive Healthy Meals - Be Firm & Trim! Presenters TBD
- April 20 - Motivational Topic! Presenter – Aazam Irillian, Certified Therapeutic Imagery & Social Emotional Arts Practitioner; Attendance & Achievement Awards, Network & Celebrate!
- May 18 - Divorce and Family Law Issues - Sources of Child Support! - Presenter TBD
Lifeforward workshops are sponsored by Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley incollaboration with Single Mother’s Outreach, Domestic Violence Center, returningWomen Veterans, and LA County Department of Child & Family Services serving foster moms.
Location: Savia Community Center, 23780 Newhall Avenue, Santa Clarita
For more info please contact: Phyllis Walker, 661-252-1172
Lifeforward Workshops 2017 - 2018
- August 19th - Effective Parenting Skills - Alex Urbina, a teen and parenting expert; author of new book, "The Inspirational Parent."
- September 16th - Anger Management - Moment to Exhale! – Dr. Patricia Patton, Clinical Psychologist and staff member with Emerge from Anger in Newhall and has co-authored several workbooks on anger management. She teaches Continuing Education workshops for therapists throughout Southern and Northern California.
- October 28th - Recognize & Develop Good Relationship Behaviors - Shana Williams, Inspirational Speaker; Elise Moore & Eve Scanlon, facilitators of therapeutic Healthy Relationships course.
- November 11th - Awareness and Understanding Issues that Impact Youth– Presenters - Bob Sharits, Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor, Detective Bill Velek, Los Angeles Sheriff’ Department, Household Drug Paraphernalia.
- January 20th - Understanding & Filing Taxes – Presenters - Laura and David Troost, CPA ‘s
- February 17th -Develop a Career Strategy, Create a Resume, Interview Techniques Effectively Network - Presenters – Wendy Amara, Executive Life Coach; Sue Reynolds, Career Development - Wm. S. Hart School District.
- March 17th - Money Rules 101- Master Your Money Before It Masters You! - Presenter, Patti Handy, Mortgage Specialist
- April 28th - Your Health & Well Being – Eat Right & Exercise! Inexpensive Healthy Meals - Be Firm & Trim! McKenzie Hall Jones, Registered Dietician & Nutritionist; Exercise with Rich Enriquez, Fitness Movement Specialist & Michelle Jones, Certified Zumba Instructor.
- May 19th -Motivational Topic –Azaam Irilian, certified practitioner in Social Emotional Arts and Therapeutic Imagery; Attendance & Achievement Awards, Network & Celebrate!
- June 16th Divorce and Family Law Issues - Sources of Child Support! – Presenter- Al Lustgarten, Esq., Law Offices of Al Lustgarten.