Believe, Build, Be.
The LifeForward program offers monthly skill-building workshops that concentrate on topics useful to women of varying ages and interests. These include job search and application topics, parenting, self-care, and financial education. Subject Matter Experts provide their expertise, knowledge and skills to promote empowerment and self-sufficiency.
Lifeforward workshops are sponsored by Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley incollaboration with Single Mother’s Outreach, Domestic Violence Center, returning Women Veterans, and LA County Department of Child & Family Services serving foster moms.
Location: Valencia Methodist Church. 25718 MeBean Pkwy, Valencia 91355
For more info please contact: Phyllis Walker, 661-252-1172
Valencia United Methodist Church
25718 McBean Pkwy
Valencia, CA 91355
Child Care Available with Registration, sponsored by Single Mothers Outreach.
MUST Register number of children no later than one week before the workshop
www.singlemothersoutreach.org or call 661-288- 0117
LifeForward Workshops 2019 - 2020
The following workshop topics are planned for the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month, except for December, which is dark
(Attend five of seven workshops offered from August 24, 2019 through March 18, 2020; receive Recognition Awards.)
Attendance and Achievement Awards May 16, 2020
- August 24, 2019 - Inspire and Empower Your Children – Presenter Alex Urbina, Teen and Parenting Expert
- September 21, 2019 - Awareness & Understanding Issues Impacting Our Youth - SCV Sheriff Detective Bill Velek and Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor Bob Sharits
- October 19, 2019 - Your Health and Well-Being - Edna Dimataga-Fernandez, Wellness Institute and Dr Roger De Sesames Health & Well-Being Expert
- November 16, 2019 - Anger Management-As an Individual and Parent - Mark Miller, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- December - Dark
- January 18, 2020 - Nw Year-Nw You! Feel Good & Increase Self-Worth - Wendy Amara, Executive Life Strategy Coach
- February 15, 2020 - Understanding & Filing Taxes - Laura Troost, CPA
- March 21, 2020 - Money Rules-Master Your Money Before it Masters You! - Patti Handy, Life Coach & Mortgage Expert
- April 18, 2020 - Divorce and Family Law Issues - Sources of Child Support - Presenter TBD
- May 16, 2020 - Motivational Topic - Aazam Irillian, Certified Therapeutic Imagery & Social Emotion Arts Practitioner
LifeForward Workshops from 2018-2019
- August 25th - Communication and Relationship Skills - Wendy Amara, Strategic Life Coach and Doris Marie Zimmer, Relationship Coach
- September 22 - Awareness & Understanding Issues That Impact Our Youth! The Age of Cyber – Computers & Cell Phones Bring Cyber Into Our Homes, Hands and Lives! Presenters – Cyberbullying, Chris Jones, Licensed Educational Psychologist; Detective Ray Bercini, LASD Human Trafficking Bureau
- October 20 - Use Your Own Superpower To Increase Self-Worth - Believe in Yourself & Feel Good! Presenter- Laura Cazares, Life Mastery Consultant & DreamBuilder Coach
- November 10 - Anger Management - As an Individual & Parent; Holiday Stress - Relax & Enjoy the Holidays! – Presenter – John Derenski, Therapist
- December - Dark
- January 12 - Understanding & Filing Taxes! Understand the Basics - Whether You Prepare Your Own or Not– Presenters - Laura and David Troost, both CPAs
- February 16 - Money Rules - Master Your Money Before It Masters You! Presenter, TBD
- March 16 - Your Health & Well Being – Eat Right & Exercise! Inexpensive Healthy Meals - Be Firm & Trim! Presenters TBD
- April 20 - Motivational Topic! Presenter – Aazam Irillian, Certified Therapeutic Imagery & Social Emotional Arts Practitioner; Attendance & Achievement Awards, Network & Celebrate!
- May 18 - Divorce and Family Law Issues - Sources of Child Support! Presenter - Law Offices of Al Lustgarten, Esq. Please advise anyone who might benefit from this workshop designed to help participants understand and learn about rights during a divorce and after a divorce is final.