Featured Speakers-Learn From Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Los Angeles Network Representatives
Alex, SBDC Business Advisor and a small business advocate, as dedicated her life to helping businesses and local communities succeed. She has created successful marketing and branding tactics while managing chamber of commerce and tourism organizations. Her experience at technology companies such
as Oracle, Constant Contact and Trustpilot help guide clients through their marketing journey.
Israel has 15 years experience in digital marketing roles in the public and private sectors - including the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Specialty Coffee Association,
Constant Contact and eCommerce Software as a Service (SaaS) companies while serving multicultural communities along the way. He has organized and presented to hundreds of industry conferences about marketing strategies.
February 27, 2021, 10:00 am - 11:15 am
You Have a Business Idea – Now What?
Idea Creation - Turn Your Passion or Vision Into Action!
- Where to start: Build a quick and dirty business plan
- Tools to execute required market research
- Developing your brand identity, unique offer and voice
- Start-up foundational technology tools (ecommerce & email platforms)
- Protecting your bottom line - leverage referral marketing and loyalty programs
- Social media breakdown: Keep your customer engaged
Please register in advance for this workshop.
What Participants Have Said:
The information was extremely relevant to the issues I and my family, friends are experiencing.
The most helpful concept presented is that I only am in control of myself. I also appreciated that it was emphasized to not hurt myself, not hurt others, and not break property.
Zonta thank you for these workshops & having them open to the communities.
Truly enjoyed this workshop.
The workshop was relevant to issues I am experiencing.
I look forward to these workshops! They help to ground me and keep me positive during these hard times.
I have been looking forward to this LifeForward so I can feel the energy of powerful and vibrant women being sent out into the universe. Thank you.
I feel inspired to make some healthy changes.
Much less tense than I was this morning; feel balanced.
Believe, Build, Be.
LifeForward Workshops 2020 - 2021
The LifeForward program offers monthly skill-building workshops that concentrate on topics useful to women of varying ages and interests. These include job search and application topics, parenting, self-care, and financial education. Subject Matter Experts provide their expertise, knowledge and skills to promote empowerment and self-sufficiency.
LifeForward online workshops are being developed and a schedule will soon be posted that will provide upcoming workshop topics and dates.
These online workshops will cover relevant topics that will help guide us through these unprecedented times; Subject Matter Experts will address our fears, concerns and ways to emotionally adapt to our current way of life.
2020-2021 Schedule and Additional Resources
- February 27, 2021 - You Have a Business Idea – Now What? Idea Creation - Turn Your Passion or Vision Into Action! - Alex Hollywood and Israel Serna
- January 30, 2021 - You're the Boss of Your Money! Make It Work for You - Patti Handy and Sue Tweddell
- January 9, 2021 - Understanding & Filing Taxes, Understand the Basics - Laura Troost, C.P.A
- December 5, 2020 - How to Recognize Unhealthy Relationships - Larry Schallert, L.C.S.W. and Leah Parker, L.M.H.C.
- November 7, 2020 - How to Create Success-Not Stress During This 2020 Holiday Season - Dilyse Diaz, L.M.F.T.
- October 17, 2020 - Mindfulness, Moving Forward and Self-Care - Carla Walker, L.M.F.T. Video No passcode required
- October 2, 2020 - Life During Covid-19 - Abi Levine, C.Ht. Video (No passcode needed)
- September 12, 2020 - Challenging Times, Challenging Emotions - Michelle Witkin, Ph.D, Licensed Psychologist Workshop Tips
- June 25, 2020 - Navigating Legal Changes in Response to COVID-19 - James Reape, Esq., Reape-Rickett Law Firm
A Special Thank You To Our Speakers:
Larry Schallert, L.C.S.W.
Leah Parker, Outreach Specialist
Laura Troost, C.P.A.