Watch here for information about 2020 programs
Believe, Build, Be.
The LifeForward program offers monthly skill-building workshops that concentrate on topics useful to women of varying ages and interests. These include job search and application topics, parenting, self-care, and financial education. Subject Matter Experts provide their expertise, knowledge and skills to promote empowerment and self-sufficiency.
LifeForward Workshops 2018 - 2019
The following workshop topics are planned for the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month, except for December, which is dark
(Attend five of seven workshops offered from August 25, 2018 through March 16 , 2019; receive Recognition Awards.)
- August 25th - Communication and Relationship Skills - Wendy Amara, Strategic Life Coach and Doris Marie Zimmer, Relationship Coach
- September 22 - Awareness & Understanding Issues That Impact Our Youth! The Age of Cyber – Computers & Cell Phones Bring Cyber Into Our Homes, Hands and Lives! Presenters – Cyberbullying, Chris Jones, Licensed Educational Psychologist; Detective Ray Bercini, LASD Human Trafficking Bureau
- October 20 - Use Your Own Superpower To Increase Self-Worth - Believe in Yourself & Feel Good! Presenter- Laura Cazares, Life Mastery Consultant & DreamBuilder Coach
- November 10 - Anger Management - As an Individual & Parent; Holiday Stress - Relax & Enjoy the Holidays! – Presenter – John Derenski, Therapist
- December - Dark
- January 12 - Understanding & Filing Taxes! Understand the Basics - Whether You Prepare Your Own or Not– Presenters - Laura and David Troost, both CPAs
- February 16 - Money Rules - Master Your Money Before It Masters You! Presenter, TBD
- March 16 - Your Health & Well Being – Eat Right & Exercise! Inexpensive Healthy Meals - Be Firm & Trim! Presenters TBD
- April 20 - Motivational Topic! Presenter – Aazam Irillian, Certified Therapeutic Imagery & Social Emotional Arts Practitioner; Attendance & Achievement Awards, Network & Celebrate!
- May 18 - Divorce and Family Law Issues - Sources of Child Support! Presenter - Law Offices of Al Lustgarten, Esq. Please advise anyone who might benefit from this workshop designed to help participants understand and learn about rights during a divorce and after a divorce is final.
Lifeforward workshops are sponsored by Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley incollaboration with Single Mother’s Outreach, Domestic Violence Center, returningWomen Veterans, and LA County Department of Child & Family Services serving foster moms.
Location: Child & Family Center Education Building, 21545 Centre Point Pkwy, Santa Clarita 91350
For more info please contact: Phyllis Walker, 661-252-1172