How to Recognize Unhealthy Relationships
Join us on Saturday December 5, 2020 at 10 am for a workshop specially designed for teens and young people to learn about How to Recognize Unhealthy Relationships. Larry Schallert, L.C.S.W. and Leah Parker, L.M.H.C. will discuss characteristics of a healthy relationship, recognizing an unhealthy relationship, how to prevent dating violence and how the community can help.
Students, Parents, Educators, and other members of the community: you won't want to miss this workshop...register today!
This workshop is presented by our LifeForward committee and Golden Valley Z Club.
What Participants Have Said:
The information was extremely relevant to the issues I and my family, friends are experiencing.
The most helpful concept presented is that I only am in control of myself. I also appreciated that it was emphasized to not hurt myself, not hurt others, and not break property.
Zonta thank you for these workshops & having them open to the communities.
Truly enjoyed this workshop.
The workshop was relevant to issues I am experiencing.
I look forward to these workshops! They help to ground me and keep me positive during these hard times.
I have been looking forward to this LifeForward so I can feel the energy of powerful and vibrant women being sent out into the universe. Thank you.
I feel inspired to make some healthy changes.
Much less tense than I was this morning; feel balanced.
Believe, Build, Be.
LifeForward Workshops 2020 - 2021
The LifeForward program offers monthly skill-building workshops that concentrate on topics useful to women of varying ages and interests. These include job search and application topics, parenting, self-care, and financial education. Subject Matter Experts provide their expertise, knowledge and skills to promote empowerment and self-sufficiency.
LifeForward online workshops are being developed and a schedule will soon be posted that will provide upcoming workshop topics and dates.
These online workshops will cover relevant topics that will help guide us through these unprecedented times; Subject Matter Experts will address our fears, concerns and ways to emotionally adapt to our current way of life.
2020-2021 Schedule and Additional Resources
- December 5, 2020 - How to Recognize Unhealthy Relationships - Larry Schallert, L.C.S.W. and Leah Parker, L.M.H.C.
- November 7, 2020 - How to Create Success-Not Stress During This 2020 Holiday Season - Dilyse Diaz, L.M.F.T. Video Passcode i=yuXU^6
- October 17, 2020 - Mindfulness, Moving Forward and Self-Care - Carla Walker, L.M.F.T. Video Passcode k?5v4.77
- October 2, 2020 - Life During Covid-19 - Abi Levine, C.Ht. Video (No passcode needed)
- September 12, 2020 - Challenging Times, Challenging Emotions - Michelle Witkin, Ph.D, Licensed Psychologist Workshop Tips
- June 25, 2020 - Navigating Legal Changes in Response to COVID-19 - James Reape, Esq., Reape-Rickett Law Firm