Featured Workshop Speaker - November 13, 2021
Tosca Stepter, MNML, BSM, Tosca is a Training and Development expert with decades of experience promoting positive family experiences. As a mom, Tosca is a champion for parent engagement initiatives, working with organizations like Jack and Jill of America, Inc., and UCLA’s Parent & Family Association.
Tosca holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in Nonprofit Management and Leadership, in addition to being a doctoral candidate in Organizational Leadership and Development.
LifeForward Workshops 2021-2022
The LifeForward program offers free skill-building workshops that concentrate on topics useful to women of varying ages and interests. These include job search and application topics, parenting, self-care, and financial education. Subject Matter Experts provide their expertise, knowledge and skills to promote empowerment and self-sufficiency to address our fears, concerns and ways to emotionally adapt to our current way of life.
LifeForward virtual workshops are continuing to be developed. Please check back regularly to check on our upcoming workshop topics and dates.
- November 13, 2021 - Holiday Success, Relax & Enjoy the Holidays as an Individual & Parent! - Tosca Stepter, MNML, BSM
- October 30, 2021 - Empowerment! Recognize Unhealthy Relationships & Create Boundaries - Tracy Taris, L.M.F.T.
- October 9, 2021 - Communication and Relationships Skills - Be More Effective With Family, in the Workplace, and Community! - Wendy Amara, Strategy Coach
- September 25, 2021 - Challenging Emotions, Building Resilience in Traumatic Times - Michelle Witkin, Ph.D. <resource guide> <nurture list>
- September 11, 2021 - Awareness - Recognize Behaviors that Lead to Sexual Harassment - Assault - Priscilla Benites, L.M.F.T. and Alejandra Sandoval, MPH <slide deck>
- August 21, 2021 - Parenting for Success - Winning Regardless of the Unknowns! - Cassie Eads, Parent & Teen Connecting Coach <slide deck>
What Participants Have Said:
The information was extremely relevant to the issues I and my family, friends are experiencing.
The most helpful concept presented is that I only am in control of myself. I also appreciated that it was emphasized to not hurt myself, not hurt others, and not break property.
Zonta thank you for these workshops & having them open to the communities.
Truly enjoyed this workshop.
The workshop was relevant to issues I am experiencing.
I look forward to these workshops! They help to ground me and keep me positive during these hard times.
I have been looking forward to this LifeForward so I can feel the energy of powerful and vibrant women being sent out into the universe. Thank you.
I feel inspired to make some healthy changes.
Much less tense than I was this morning; feel balanced.
this is my self care for the day
Thank you for an informative program
A Special Thank You To Our Speakers:
Priscilla Benites, L.M.F.T.
Alejandra Sandoval, MPH
Michelle Witkin, Ph.D.
Wendy Amara, Strategy Coach
Tosca Stepter, MNML, BSM
A Special Thank You To Our LifeForward Sponsors:
2021-2022 - Video Library:
Sept 2021: Challenging Emotions, Building Resilience in Traumatic Times
Oct 2021: Communication and Relationship Skills - Be More Effective with Family, in the Workplace, and Community!
Oct 2021: Empowerment! Recognize Unhealthy Relationships & Create Boundaries
Past Workshops 2020-2021 - Video Library:
Oct. 2020: Mindfulness, Moving Forward and Self-Care
Nov. 2020: How to Create Success-Not Stress During this 2020 Holiday Season
Nov. 2020: How to Create Success-Not Stress During this 202 Holiday Season
Jan. 2021: You're the Boss of Your Money! Make it Work for You
Feb. 2021: You Have a Business Idea - Now What?
Mar. 2021: Single Parenting Success, It Takes a Village and a Whole Lot More
April 2021: Divorce & Family Law Issues! Child Custody & Sources of Child Support
May 2021: Challenges of Motherhood, Recognize Inner Wisdom & Improve Relationships
May 2021: You Are Not Alone! The Impact of Covid-19 on Society and the Individual
May 2021: Creating Boundaries with Confidence & Empowerment!